Strong Defense Against Homicide Charges in Maricopa County, AZ
Facing homicide charges is a serious matter, obviously these are some of the worst charges you can face, and you need a strong defense team to ensure the best possible outcome for your case. Our experienced team at Litwak Law Group is ready to build a powerful defense tailored to your situation. Time is crucial in such cases, so contact us now for a free consultation.
The Challenge of Homicide Charges in Maricopa County
In Maricopa County, the legal system assumes innocence until proven guilty, but being accused of a crime often feels like everything is against you. The social stigma attached to homicide charges can be overwhelming, even when there is not enough evidence to prove guilt. At Litwak Law Group, we understand the challenges you face and believe in questioning every piece of evidence to build a robust defense.
Arizona Homicide Laws
Understanding Arizona Homicide Laws is crucial when facing charges. In Arizona, homicide charges are categorized under A.R.S § 13-1105. There are different degrees of murder, each with distinct elements and penalties. In addition to murder, if someone dies you can also be charged with manslaughter (13-1103) or negligent homicide (13-1102).
First Degree Murder
- Premeditated First Degree Murder: Intending or knowing that conduct will cause death, and the conduct causes death with premeditation. Penalties include life in prison, with the possibility of release after 25 years (35 if the victim was under 15 or an unborn child).
- Felony First Degree Murder: Committed or attempted to commit a felony, causing the death of another person. Penalties are similar to premeditated murder. You can be charged with this type of murder even if you did not kill anyone. For example, if you and a friend robbed a liquor store, and the owner shot your friend, you can be charged with first degree murder for your friend’s death.
- First Degree Murder: Death of Law Enforcement Officer: Intending or knowing that conduct will cause the death of a law enforcement officer in the line of duty. Penalties include a life term.
- Intentional Second Degree Murder: Intentionally causes the death of another without premeditation. Penalties range from 10 to 25 years in prison.
- Knowing Second Degree Murder: Knowing that conduct will cause death, intentionally causing the death of another. Penalties are similar to intentional second degree murder.
- Reckless Second Degree Murder: Recklessly engages in conduct, with extreme indifference to human life, causing the death of another person. Penalties include a maximum of 25 years in prison.
Why Accusations Don’t Equal Guilt
An accusation, even of a serious crime like murder, doesn’t automatically mean guilt. The prosecution must prove your guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Our skilled Maricopa criminal defense attorneys are here to challenge every piece of evidence and build a strong case in your favor.
Homicide Cases Require Extensive Investigation
Homicide cases are among the most challenging, requiring a thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding the alleged crime. Our firm is well-prepared to handle such complexities and provide you with the best possible defense.
The Importance of Experienced Legal Representation
If you’re arrested or accused of a crime, especially one as severe as homicide, having an experienced criminal defense attorney can make a significant difference. Our Maricopa County homicide lawyers are dedicated to defending your rights, ensuring your family is informed, and fighting for the best possible outcome.
How Our Criminal Defense Lawyers Can Help
- Experienced and Aggressive Representation: We pride ourselves on providing experienced and aggressive legal representation.
- Statewide Assistance: While many firms limit themselves to one Arizona County, we travel to you in all 15 Arizona Counties, understanding that you may need assistance across the state.
- Extensive Knowledge: We are familiar with the criminal law process and prosecution tactics, prepared to defend you at every step.
Defend Your Rights with the Litwak Law Group
If you’re facing homicide charges in Maricopa County, contact Litwak Law Group for a free consultation. We’ll do everything possible to resolve your case favorably, and if necessary, we are highly experienced in the courtroom. Time is essential in these cases, so don’t hesitate to reach out as soon as possible.
Be Prepared – Act Now
You can start defending yourself against homicide charges before they are even filed. Being proactive will give your attorney ample time to prepare an effective case. The Litwak Law Group works on your behalf to secure the best possible defense, whether that means winning your case at trial or obtaining the best result short of trial.
When facing homicide charges, ensure your future is in the hands of an experienced defense team. Contact Litwak Law Group for a free consultation. We’re here to help you navigate through this challenging time and fight for your rights.